Juggernauts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juggernauts! Bring them pain!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NEVER forget to Ride or Die!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Channel Awesome.
chatbox
Latest topics
» I miss this place.
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 3:17 am by Rickatzu

» ff teir system?
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 am by smw232

» New banner and logo.
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 pm by smw232

» Macro's and You!
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 pm by smw232

» Apoc's Taco Collection
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 pm by smw232

» pocs guide to bakal castle
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:13 pm by smw232

» blazblue hud
Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:49 am by smw232

Vestibule of Darkness

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Apocalytica
Administrator
Administrator
Apocalytica

Vestibule of Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:26 am

This dungeon is where the game stops being nice, in addition to having to get an SS for that derp Albert, you'll have several collecting quests here and a whole new genre of mobs to deal with. The nice part is GSD returns for another free exp session. Which means you'll be running at least one full. You might want to take the initative and get SS with GSD tanking, as he doesn't rack up hits nor alter style/tech. Like Golem the boss will only take the liberty of moving in between two rooms, west and east.

The reason this dungeon antes up? Meet your new friends the expellers, The green (lance) blokes abuse superarmor every chance they get, the gray blokes are able to guard and both dash forward when attacking. They spawn from statues and take little to no damage while spawning. It sounds easy to avoid but I haven't mentioned the second part yet.

After the initial rooms goblins reappear 3 different colors, black are bombtossers, blue throw items (painful items) at you, take the liberty to avoid their triple attack, it does a ton of damage and can poison, watch the floor for the telltale yellow indicator. Purple are more or less normal...unless the lights are on.
Vestibule of Darkness 34tdg5v
Which brings me to my next point, in Vest you'll see switches that control chandeliers that effectively determine the light in a room, when the light is off take heed, your accuracy is DRASTICALLY reduced, making you a sitting duck if you happen to be fighting and the lights go off. That said, make sure you and any members with you: A) Fight AWAY from the switch, too often an overzealous combo or AoE will smack the switch and turn the chandeliers off B) Kill the purple goblins first in every room, these little buggers will take the liberty of rushing the switch and turning em off when you're not looking, they also tend to get more violent when doing so, beware. Otherwise, take your time and don't get reckless, dying is not part of a Juggernaut's vocab when we can help it.

Note from Koni: Note that many rooms contains only armored guys. Aka expeller types.
Now... yes it's obvious, but people need to understand their AI.
Those armored things WILL follow you if you're closer than a screen away, and they will constantly follow you, and try to be on the samey axis lane as you. What does this mean? It means you can gather up all 9 expellers in a single column. Now how mana friendly is it for an aoe to blow up all 9 expellers at the same time? It's very friendly.
A battlemage palmblast or priest smasher will dent a huge portion
of all 9 expellers if they hit, as all 9 will collide into each other, and
even moreso if the expellers are broken down into just a torso.
So in sense, go around the field, gather the expellers, and unleash
whatever aoe you have. The only thing to watch out for is that if you're
too close, or if you're caught by a charge attack from one of them,
you will probably be stunlocked...

Note from Wonder: The mistake people tend to make is trying to use all their new skills on these guys. When partying one should let the ranged classes normal combo the blue knights and lure the green knights.
If you solo as a melee class, I suggest you get a friend or use a LOT of grab moves (that go through super armor).

Note from Twin: A little bug in the Expellers AI I found: If you stay far enough away while their spawning from their statue forms, they'll remain motionless until you get closer or hit them. Range classes can use this to their advantage. Hit them once from afar to get them to spawn, runs away, then wait till their all ready and motionless. Once they are, rain hell on them. They will try to rush you once hit, but you should have a good distance between you by then.

Edit from Apoc : Another thing to be aware of if you're a melee soloing is be comfortable with your combos at this point, Knockback, stun and grabs are your best friends for this dungeon, also note that these enemies have to be "awakened" meaning you don't need to aggro the room if you so desire. Aggro 3, combo em down, aggro 3 rinse repeat, there are also Coral reefs and blue pillers set as decoration for this dungeon. The fun thing? You can use these as buffer while you attack, this is especially helpful for classes that use long range attacks, take note though, bullets will NOT penetrate the pillers unless you're right up next to em, coral can be shredded but the base will stay intact.

Occasionally a room will have blue goblins perched on top of chandeliers, a jump attack will knock em off and you can commence whaling on em.
BOSS
Heaven Expeller
Vestibule of Darkness 14ky9ea
This guy used to be a legendary boss for DFOers, considered the rite of passage into continuing one's PvE career more or less. He's nerfed, but he can still stomp a party flat if they get careless.
As you enter the room go in bearing two things in mind, purple goblins must die, lights must stay on, room must be cleared, you will want the space before aggroing him and his cronies. Make sure if you're in a party no one decides to Leroy Jenkins unless they know what they're doing.
Once the above is done, walk up or attack him to aggro, the Heaven Expeller is quite different from the normal ones. Its more fitting to call him the bastard child of a green expeller, a gray expeller, and Kinoll. He has superarmored close range swings and a very large dash attack, his weapon does light damage AND to top it off he can bring lightning down in arcs of 6 bolts. He can either fire em directly in front of him in one line or in a conical range of 3 lines, you'll hear a cracking sound and him swinging his sword, move.

Melee: I hope you have some sort of grab attack to counter superarmor, even better if its an invinc frame. Theres a few ways this can be handled, the most obvious is a hit and run, comboing and using invinc builds to escape, try not to use an escape path where he has a beeline to you, you don't want to eat a dash attack, run him in circles if need be or just use alternate axises.

Magic/ranged: Lock and load and drill him from afar, if you have enough range to stand out of lightning's zone do it, this'll be close to fish in a barrel as long as you make a mental note to sidestep every now and then.
Note from Koni:
Vestibule of Darkness
Heavenly expeller is stupid. His AI is stupid. Just hit him once, stay
on the same lane as him, and walk a tiny bit upwards. None of his
attacks can hit you except the tripple lightning thing if you keep a
little bit distance. His double lightning and single lightning cannot
hit you, but it's hard to judge whether you can avoid his close up slash.
So if you do this, and have any kind of attack with even just slightly
bit of y axis range, you can defeat him without taking damage.
Heck even a slayers slash or any normal attack for that sake
can take him out on this area, and he can't even stab you
with that dangerous charge attack he got. His AI is so stupid
it doesn't realize it, so he won't change y axis lane.

Stay tough Padawans, almost through. afro

Last edited by Apocalytica on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Konishi

Konishi

PostSubject: Re: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Note that many rooms contains only armored guys. Aka expeller types.
Now... yes it's obvious, but people need to understand their AI.
Those armored things WILL follow you if you're closer than a screen away, and they will constantly follow you, and try to be on the same
y axis lane as you. What does this mean? It means you can gather up
all 9 expellers in a single column. Now how mana friendly is it for an aoe
to blow up all 9 expellers at the same time? It's very friendly.
A battlemage palmblast or priest smasher will dent a huge portion
of all 9 expellers if they hit, as all 9 will collide into each other, and
even moreso if the expellers are broken down into just a torso.
So in sense, go around the field, gather the expellers, and unleash
whatever aoe you have. The only thing to watch out for is that if you're
too close, or if you're caught by a charge attack from one of them,
you will probably be stunlocked...
Back to top Go down
Wonderness
Administrator
Administrator
Wonderness

PostSubject: Re: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:53 pm

The mistake people tend to make is trying to use all their new skills on these guys. When partying one should let the ranged classes normal combo the blue knights and lure the green knights.

If you solo as a melee class, I suggest you get a friend or use a LOT of grab moves (that go through super armor)

I on my spitfire will flash mine them into a ball and then use crossmore. Us magic/rage have it easy, just take it slowly and don' freak out in the smaller rooms.

The only danger from Heaven Expeller is getting him near the lightswitch :/. He'll go aggro and stay there, making him a bitch to hit. So avoid that ok?
Back to top Go down
Apocalytica
Administrator
Administrator
Apocalytica

PostSubject: Adding stuffz.   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Wonderness wrote:
The mistake people tend to make is trying to use all their new skills on these guys.

This.

Best thing to do if you're a melee soloing is be comfortable with your combos at this point, Knockback, stun and grabs are your best friends for this dungeon, also note that these enemies have to be "awakened" meaning you don't need to aggro the room if you so desire. Aggro 3, combo em down, aggro 3 rinse repeat, there are also Coral reefs and blue pillers set as decoration for this dungeon. The fun thing? You can use these as buffer while you attack, this is especially helpful for classes that use long range attacks, take note though, bullets will NOT penetrate the pillers unless you're right up next to em, coral can be shredded but the base will stay intact.

The only issue I see with the axis nuking is if you miss, its gonna hurt, at the very least, you're running from 8-9 enemies while you wait for cooldowns in a relatively jumbled room. You need to plan for this in advance upon seeing the layout of a room and if you go through with it, go through with it. Don't miss either. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're absolutely sure you can kill everything but its a good idea if you are. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TwinGemini

TwinGemini

PostSubject: Re: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:16 pm

A little bug in the Expellers AI I found: If you stay far enough away while their spawning from their statue forms, they'll remain motionless until you get closer or hit them. Range classes can use this to their advantage. Hit them once from afar to get them to spawn, runs away, then wait till their all ready and motionless. Once they are, rain hell on them. They will try to rush you once hit, but you should have a good distance between you by then.
Back to top Go down
Apocalytica
Administrator
Administrator
Apocalytica

PostSubject: Final Edit   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Pics in, notes color coded and edited, check it when you have a chance, good job team. :O
Back to top Go down
Duodecimus

Duodecimus

PostSubject: Re: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:12 pm

If you do get into a situation like wonder mentioned, where something causes the lights to switch on and off rapidly, the miss rate effect can get disjointed from the visual change in the lights. If this happens, and your party is missing constantly, poke at the switch until you see some green numbers pop up. They usually means that the damage counter has reset for the switch.

Also, I don't think GSD ever comes to Vest, I remember him only in Dragonoid, Puppet, and Cast.
Back to top Go down
Konishi

Konishi

PostSubject: Re: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:08 am

Heaven expeller got nerfed? I only fought him during the first phases of DFO,
and I found him utterly easy >_>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vestibule of Darkness   Vestibule of Darkness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vestibule of Darkness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Juggernauts :: After The Dust Settles... :: Sky Tower-
Jump to: