Juggernauts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juggernauts! Bring them pain!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
NEVER forget to Ride or Die!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Channel Awesome.
chatbox
Latest topics
» I miss this place.
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 3:17 am by Rickatzu

» ff teir system?
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 am by smw232

» New banner and logo.
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:41 pm by smw232

» Macro's and You!
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 pm by smw232

» Apoc's Taco Collection
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 pm by smw232

» pocs guide to bakal castle
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:13 pm by smw232

» blazblue hud
Purgatorium Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:49 am by smw232

Purgatorium

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Apocalytica
Administrator
Administrator
Apocalytica

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Welcome to Purgatorium, another passthrough dungeon, not much to do here so I'll keep it short and sweet.

There is two new enemies here you should acquiant yourself with, the first is Alex, this form of hunter is what you'll see from here on out and hes a pain when he wants to be.
He has superarmored swipes, a superarmored jump that knocks you down and a poison spit attack. Your best bet is either drill em from a distance or use combos cancelling out to grabs/stuns. The other enemy is called a stalker, and like a stalker, they are annoying, lurkish, and annoying. They tend to be in groups here. Any shadow based weapons or attacks will take a damage reduction used against these guys, same as fire vs adors or ice vs naias. They only have one attack and need to be close to do it, the danger though is that they have almost no recovery time, meaning they can spikecounter then hit again. When a lot of these guys are together they can whittle your health down in seconds, be wary. You also run into the baby version of het'eyakos referred to as Lukulus. These suckers aren't dangerous, but they can be tres' annoying to pin down and kill. Downward attacks are the way to go.

The boss room can appear either in the northwestern corner or the southeastern corner of the map, depending on where it appears, the minister will move accordingly. This dungeon has an abundance of green fairies unlike other dungeons, so check the pots regularly.
And then theres the mini bosses.
Purgatorium 33xx15c
Of course, the third minister resides here, and is probably the most dangerous of the 4, he employs long range dagger throws that can immobilize you, ordinarily this wouldn't be an issue however the room is adorned with vines on the floor, leading to a chain effect if you're not quick. The room also happens to be filled with stalkers and green GBL that have no problem bombarding you from afar. Do yourself a favor and dispose of this guy quickly, preferably close range and with one ginormous combo.
Purgatorium 3z9yb
GSD warns you of a man who has taken it upon himself to slaughter a few hunters, and instead of teaming up with you (too logical for nexon) he wants to kill you too. Jahilde is more or less a gimped asura, he has an extremely large and hardhitting neutral wave however. The room he spawns in is packed with alexes, while thinning the herd might be tempting, its in your best interest to kill jahilde first, his attacks do an unholy amount of damage and reach far.
One other thing to remember, when hunting for the body parts for Grubeck, they ONLY drop off Hollow Eyes, there is a room to the bottom leftish on the map that has a corrider full of em, happy hunting.
BOSS
Master Hunter
Purgatorium 2s11vsn
Despite his intimidating look, this guy is a pushover, the only real things different from him and a normal alex is he can spit multiple poison spits, he can rebound with knockback roars and the traditional boss pop, and his swipe dispels his superarmor and causes him to take a step forward. Depending on the room, you'll either have to deal with stalkers/lukulus or zombies, clear the room and aggro him, he has 3 hunters with him always. Kill them first.
Melee: More or less a normal alex, at this point you should be comfortable dealing with em AKA combos ending with stun/grabs. While you can't manually dispel his superarmor, you can still throw him and/or invinc build him. Kiting is good for this fight as well as fire and forget attacks, hes quite gullible. Note that his superarmor WILL dispel if he decides to swipe at you, you can use this to inflict some quick damage without fear of a counterattack. Don't be afraid to use the scenary to your advantage, there is quite a lot of it in both rooms.
Magic/ranged: Even easier. As I said in the melee guide, there is a ton of scenery to be used. If he spawns in the bottom room you can literally pin him up via sidebox and nuke him from afar. If in the top room, just weave between the two alters and use a grab to knock him back if he corners you. Isn't much strategy to it. He can't touch you unless you give him a beeline for his spit attack or he superarmors and gets too close. Don't let him.
Note from Koni:
Yes... for some classes, the room with 4 hunters is a pain. Not for
elementalists (and others?). Mobs cannot walk through the gaps
between vases... for some reason. Fire pillar is your friend, or
lightning strike... whatever people prefer. This also works
on the boss... as he's behind vases. They cannot chase after you,
cannot attack you... because the almighty wall of vases prevents them.

Back to top Go down
Apocalytica
Administrator
Administrator
Apocalytica

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

Edits, critique, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Duodecimus

Duodecimus

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:16 am

I'd mention how awesome the Lukulus are for overkills, but you learn that pretty quick.

Also, keep in mind that the poison Spit of Alexs stays on the ground for a while if it doesn't hit anything, and can poison you if you step on it.
Back to top Go down
Konishi

Konishi

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 pm

Another vase notice. There are rooms where vases divide enemies from each other,
those can be used if you don't want to take on everyone at the same time.
For example there's a room where you first face zombies, while stalkers are trapped behind
vases, the same room also divides the stalkers from the lukulus by another wall of vases,
effectively creating "waves" for you to finish instead of a room filled with annoying
little enemies.
Back to top Go down
Duodecimus

Duodecimus

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:19 am

Konishi wrote:
Another vase notice. There are rooms where vases divide enemies from each other,
For example there's a room where you first face zombies, while stalkers are trapped behind
vases, the same room also divides the stalkers from the lukulus by another wall of vases,
effectively creating "waves" for you to finish instead of a room filled with annoying
little enemies.

unless you have a launcher.
then it's always a swarm
Back to top Go down
Konishi

Konishi

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 am

Duodecimus wrote:
Konishi wrote:
little enemies.

unless you have a launcher.
then it's always a swarm

I think you missunderstood. I mean that you can first clear the room of zombies,
then break the vases to let the stalkers out, then break the last pots to let lukulus out.
Another room you can kill the zombies on the right side before engaging the stalkers
to the left by simply not breaking the pots to the left the moment you enter.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say by only launcher can do it.
Back to top Go down
Duodecimus

Duodecimus

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 8:37 am

Konishi wrote:
I think you missunderstood. I mean that you can first clear the room of zombies,
then break the vases to let the stalkers out, then break the last pots to let lukulus out.
Another room you can kill the zombies on the right side before engaging the stalkers
to the left by simply not breaking the pots to the left the moment you enter.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say by only launcher can do it.

Oh I know what you mean, I'm just remarking on the tendency of classes with long-range high-damage piercing skills to be a little uncaring about that 'waves' idea.

The launcher uses laser first, that sort of thing.
The launcher ALWAYS uses laser first >.>
Back to top Go down
Konishi

Konishi

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Really? T_T but those are stupid! They do not belong here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Purgatorium Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purgatorium   Purgatorium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purgatorium
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Juggernauts :: After The Dust Settles... :: Behemoth-
Jump to: